Hope everyone had a swoony Valentine's eve. As a romantic gift to you, I've created a soundtrack to love . . . for all those currently in the throws of it, and on hiatus from it (and regarding the latter state, make sure you're enjoying every moment and getting lots of projects done, since solo-time never lasts for long). Here's the playlist:
1. Seabird ~ Alessi Brothers
2. Sweetheart ~ Marianne Faithfull
3. Prisoner of Love ~ James Brown
4. Willow's Song ~ From The Wicker Man
5. I Found a Reason (Demo) ~ The Velvet Underground
6. I Don't Know Why (Alternate Take) ~ Nat King Cole Trio
7. Pardon my Heart ~ Neil Young & Crazy Horse
8. May This be Love ~ Jimi Hendrix
9. I Dig You ~ Cult Hero/The Cure
10. Le Petite Fille De La Mer ~ Vangelis
11. My Only Love ~ Bryan Ferry
12. Hypnotized ~ Fleetwood Mac
13. I'm Making Believe ~ Ella Fitzgerald & The Ink Spots
And speaking of love hiatuses, if you are now in-between relationships, and feeling blue about it, know that true love is just around the corner, and it does indeed arrive when you least expect it. My relationship is evidence of these cliches . . . as i'd been single for four years, and after a stream of ill-advised crushes, tearful Friday nights alone with Turner Classic Movies, and dozens of awkward blind-dates (I actually went on one with the creator of the show Blind Date. Meta enough for you?), I had totally given up. Then . . . on the very morning that I woke up feeling totally empowered and inspired, vowing that I was finally happy on my own, able to focus all my attention on the book I was writing, and that i'd be much more content as an un-married muse, a-la Stevie Nicks or Garbo, I walked into my publishers office for a meeting and POW . . . I met my forever dude.
See . . . it really happens. Especially when you stop watching Netflix movies, and actually leave the house once in a while (great advice which only took me four-years to actually put into action).
Wishing you love, love, love, and hoping you adore the tunes!